Friday, August 19, 2005

I am going to start copying my new Blogit posts over to here...


So that Alisha can read what I'm writing without having to go through my computer or ask me about it. Also, maybe someone else out here might decide I've got something to say that they want to read...so here is the first one, I'm not going to explain a lot of things that readers on Blogit would already know, so just figure things out from context....peace...

I've really been lagging in my blogging lately, have hardly posted or read...


Jaime went to his Mom's Tuesday and we just got back from picking him up. He had a good time there, but is glad to be home. I'm glad to have him. He starts school on Monday - I can't believe that my son is in eighth grade, fuck me, he's actually a teenager and next year he'll be a high school student.

I've been doing some writing on my fiction lately, the story of my renegade counselor has developed a bit and I might post it here when I have come to the conclusion of this next section. Other than that, I have been trying to get caught up at the professors house, finally straightened out wiring problems in the upstairs yesterday and installed ceiling fan. Now I need to clean up that project and finish pouring the concrete for the new basement door frame...

I took a practice GRE and ranked in the 93rd percentile on verbal but only 55th percentile on math, so I really have to practice more before committing to taking the test. I need to be around 98% or 99% on the verbal and up into the eighties on the math... But, time is growing short and I cannot waste much more of it. Next time I take the practice test I will be reading over some of my math cheats immediately before the test as it is only a few areas in which I have problems - such as multiplying and dividing fractions, so Maybe just a little quick pretest brush up will make a big difference. I will also be making more extensive use of my scratch paper to confirm my answers as a couple of my mistakes were just transposing numbers or mistaking the polarity of an answer.

I'll do my second practice test this weekend and hope it goes well. I will be getting the most recent software when I get my financial aid money and that will get me like four or five more practice tests, plus practice for the LSAT and the business school exam. I might take the LSAT just in case, I've been thinking about it, though I don't think I'll be going to Law School.
There is no way to get grading on the written sections of the exam when you have it in your computer, but I think I'll have Alisha read my essays to give me some feedback. I'm not too worried about that part though as almost all the feedback I've gotten on my academic writing has been positive and none of the professors whom I have asked indicate that I have anything to worry about.

I'm going to engage Jaime in a game of chess and maybe read some more Harry Potter before Alisha comes back later...peace out to y'all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home