Monday, August 29, 2005

Another Blogit post...

Been doing research on Cirriculum Vitae this evening...
as I will have to complete one shortly as part of my Grad School application process. I will be cribbing from a few of my Soc Professors published CV's for format and content. I also watched the first episode of HBO's ROME...looks like it will be a great show. Alisha Went camping to Mono Lake yesterday so I'm missing her. Though she just got back, I doubt I will see her tonight as life is back in session and her Daughter starts school @ 7am tomorrow. Damn! That means I'll be back to sleeping alone most weeknights, and I'd really rather not.
Oh well, what ya gonna do? Life is full of small dissapointments. I have a full day of work tomorrow at the professors house trying to get it back in shape for his return tomorrow evening or tuesday. I have been finding it difficult to force myself to go out there and work. Now I'm down to the wire and I have to get a certain minimum done. It has been too fucking hot to work out in the sun and the rest of what I have to do there is in the full glare. Oh well, I have an excuse in the heat, because it has been too hot for optimum concrete conditions as well, but that is a half assed excuse as there are ways around the heat when pouring - such as running a sprinkler on drying mud.
Also, I have been doing some work for a friend who is also a tutor. His fiance is allergic to everything and they just bought a small house. I have tiled their bath and bedrooms this week (so as to get rid of carpet smells that are impossible for her) and will be grouting Tuesday. Then I will tear the old wood off back wall of house (outside) and plaster it. There is also some electrical work and plumbing they want done, so I will have another sourse of income this semester.
I am looking forward to school starting next week, and my financial aid should come in Friday which will save my ass. I have not paid any bills this month, and my bank account is almost five-hundred dollars overdrawn...this is bad...but the aid checks will cover everything. I'll be able to pay rent through December, buy Jaime School clothes and maybe even get myself a present. I'll also be able to take Alisha out to a nice dinner or two, and maybe get her something pretty. That will be cool, I hate being broke.
Anyhow, just thought I'd check in and tell y'all what is up with me...Hey JoeLove...I'm blogging, and playing with my TOOLbar.
How do ya like them apples? Let me tell ya, it feels great!
Adios muchachos....peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home