Another day another lack of dollars...
Well, I was supposed to be grouting at Chris's house today...
but his fiance is sick and unable to get out of bed because one of the cats stepped on a stove knob and they had gas in the house last night. She is violently allergic to just about everything and is frequently sick. So I told him I'd come on Thursday instead as I already have plans to spend the day with Alisha tomorrow.
It really does not bother me, I didn't feel like working today anyhow, not grouting at least. Instead, I am working on a poster for the Tutoring Center. I went in and talked to Louisa (the big boss), got the text of the Mission Statement that Alisha wrote for her to go with the brochure she gave me last week and confirmed the color scheme and the photo I chose. I'll try and finish it today and drop the disk off in the morning so that she can get it to Reprographics to be printed.
I really enjoy doing creative work, even though it doesn't pay much doing it for the University (at least if you're a student). I need to get on the ball, find other sources of such work in the area that actually pay and get out of the trades for good. I would really rather get my exercise at the gym and make my money with my mind.
Also, I need to start working on my statement of purpose and CV for grad school applications, applications open day after tomorrow, on the first, and I don't want to wait too long. I am trying to keep myself busy as with both our kids in school Alisha and I have not been seeing much of each other the last few days and I am feeling lonely and out of sorts because of it. I Like her damnit! Oh well, maybe we will appreciate the time we do have together more...and I'll be seeing her for a bit this afternoon and we will have tomorrow during the day anyhow. Fuck! I still miss her.
Well, I better get back to work y'all...peace......Out!
but his fiance is sick and unable to get out of bed because one of the cats stepped on a stove knob and they had gas in the house last night. She is violently allergic to just about everything and is frequently sick. So I told him I'd come on Thursday instead as I already have plans to spend the day with Alisha tomorrow.
It really does not bother me, I didn't feel like working today anyhow, not grouting at least. Instead, I am working on a poster for the Tutoring Center. I went in and talked to Louisa (the big boss), got the text of the Mission Statement that Alisha wrote for her to go with the brochure she gave me last week and confirmed the color scheme and the photo I chose. I'll try and finish it today and drop the disk off in the morning so that she can get it to Reprographics to be printed.
I really enjoy doing creative work, even though it doesn't pay much doing it for the University (at least if you're a student). I need to get on the ball, find other sources of such work in the area that actually pay and get out of the trades for good. I would really rather get my exercise at the gym and make my money with my mind.
Also, I need to start working on my statement of purpose and CV for grad school applications, applications open day after tomorrow, on the first, and I don't want to wait too long. I am trying to keep myself busy as with both our kids in school Alisha and I have not been seeing much of each other the last few days and I am feeling lonely and out of sorts because of it. I Like her damnit! Oh well, maybe we will appreciate the time we do have together more...and I'll be seeing her for a bit this afternoon and we will have tomorrow during the day anyhow. Fuck! I still miss her.
Well, I better get back to work y'all...peace......Out!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home